Boston Law Collaborative, LLC has been named a "Tier One" firm on the Best Lawyers / U.S. News & World Report list of Best Law Firms, in three categories: Mediation, Arbitration, and Family Law Mediation.
BLC is a multidisciplinary law firm devoted to conflict resolution and the practice of collaborative law. Our goal is to save our clients time, money, and the emotional upheaval produced by litigation. Do we also go to court? Only when necessary. Many years of experience have taught us that problem-solving and effective negotiation produce better results. And with experienced professionals from the fields of law, mediation, and psychology, BLC offers clients a full range of services and support.
"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."- Abraham Maslow.
BLC looks for alternatives to litigation – the legal system's traditional, adversarial method of dispute resolution. Our tools are collaborative law, mediation, arbitration, and case evaluation. Our approach is to seek common ground and find better solutions.
BLC was founded in August 2003 by David Hoffman, who was a partner at Hill & Barlow, where he served as a mediator, arbitrator, and attorney. David teaches courses on Mediation and Collaborative Law at Harvard Law School, where he is the John H. Watson, Jr. Lecturer on Law.
BLC has won two prestigious awards for its innovative approach. In 2009, the American Bar Association gave BLC its annual Law as Problem-Solver Award. In 2010, the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution gave BLC its annual Law Firm Award for Excellence in Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Articles about BLC have appeared in the Boston Globe and the ABA Journal, among other places.
More information about the firm can be found at www.blc.law
Boston Law Collaborative, LLC is metro ranked in 3 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
About Our Clients
The following is a partial list of law firms that have been involved as counsel in cases in which BLC has served as mediator and/or arbitrator:
• Abrams, Roberts, Klickstein & Levy LLP
• Adler, Pollock & Sheehan, P.C.
• Antico Barrett Burke & Kornitsky, LLP
• Ardiff & Morse, P.C.
• Arnold & Porter LLP
• Atwood & Cherny, P.C.
• Baker Botts, LLP
• Barron & Stadfeld, P.C.
• Benjamin & Benson
• Berman, Fox & Christian, LLP
• Bingham McCutcheon, LLP
• Bonin & Marashian
• Bourgeois, Dresser, White & Beard
• Bowditch & Dewey, LLP
• Brecher, Wyner, Simons, Fox & Bolan, LLP
• Brody, Hardoon, Perkins & Keston LLP
• Brown, Rudnick, Berlack, Israels LLP
• Burns & Levinson, LLP
• Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, LLP
• Casner & Edwards, LLP
• Choate, Hall & Stewart, LLP
• Cohen, Spievack & Wagner, LLP
• Corwin & Corwin LLP
• Davis, Malm & D'Agostine, P.C.
• Day, Berry & Howard LLP
• Dechert, Price & Rhoads LLP
• Demeo & Associates, P.C.
• Deutsch, Williams, Brooks, Derensis & Holland, P.C.
• DLA Piper • Donnelly, Conroy & Gelhaar, LLP
• Donoghue, Barrett & Singal, P.C.
• Donovan Hatem, LLP
• Dresser & White
• Duane Morris, LLP
• Dwyer & Collora LLP
• Eckert, Seamans, Cherin & Mellott LLC
• Edwards & Angell, LLP
• Egan, Flannagan and Cohen, P.C.
• Engel & Schultz LLP
• Epstein, Becker & Green, P.C.
• Esdaile, Barrett & Esdaile
• Foley & Lardner LLP
• Foley, Hoag & Eliot LLP
• Friedman & Atherton LLP
• Gadsby & Hannah LLP
• Gilmore, Rees, Carlson & Cataldo, P.C.
• Goguen, McLaughlin, Richards & Mahaney, LLP
• Goodwin Procter LLP
• Goulston & Storrs LLP
• Greenberg Traurig, LLP
• Hanify & King P.C.
• Helman & Neustadt
• Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP
• Holland & Knight, LLP
• Holtz & Reed, LLP
• Howard, Timson, White & O’Neil
• Hutchins, Wheeler, & Dittmar P.C.
• Inker, White & Aronson P.C.
• Jackson Lewis LLP
• Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham LLP
• Klieman, Lyons, Schindler & Gross
• Krokidas & Bluestein LLP
• LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, LLP
• LeClair Ryan LLP
• Lee & Levine LLP
• Looney, Cohen, Reagan & Aisenberg, LLP
• Lucash, Gesmer & Updegrove LLP
• Lurie & Krupp LLP
• Lynch, Brewer, Hoffman & Sands, LLP
• Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, P.C.
• Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP
• McDermott, Will & Emery LLP
• McLean Law Group
• Meehan, Boyle, Black & Fitzgerald, PC
• Melick, Porter & Shea, LLP
• Messing, Rudavsky & Weliky, P.C.
• Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
• Mirick, O'Connell, DeMallie & Lougee LLP
• Morgan, Brown & Joy, LLP
• Morrison, Mahoney & Miller LLP
• Mountain, Dearborn, Whiting LLP
• Newman & Newman, P.C.
• Nixon Peabody LLP
• Nutter, McClennen & Fish, LLP
• Nystrom, Beckman & Paris, LLP
• O'Melveny & Myers LLP
• Orsi, Arone, Rothenberg, Iannuzzi & Turner, LLP
• Palmer & Dodge LLP
• Paul Weiss, Rifkind Wharton & Garrison LLP
• Paul, Frank & Collins P.C.
• Peabody & Arnold LLP
• Peabody & Brown LLP
• Perkins, Smith & Cohen, LLP
• Phillips & Angley P.C.
• Pierce & Mandell, P.C.
• Post, Kirby, Noonan & Sweat, LLP
• Posternak, Blankstein & Lund LLP
• Prince, Lobel, Glovsky & Tye LLP
• Proskauer Rose LLP
• Pyle, Rome & Lichten P.C.
• Quirk, Chamberlain & Marsh, P.C.
• Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster LLC
• Rainer, Walsh & O'Connor
• Rappaport & Rodgers
• Ravech, Roy & Ravech P.C.
• Reynolds, Rappaport & Kaplan, LLP
• Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
• Robinson & Cole LLP
• Rodgers, Powers & Schwartz LLP
• Ropes & Gray, LLP
• Rose & Associates
• Rosenberg & Schapiro P.C.
• Rosenfeld & Rafik, P.C.
• Rubin and Rudman LLP
• Sally & Fitch LLP
• Sandulli, Grace & Shapiro P.C.
• Schwartz & Horwitz PA
• Seder & ChandlerLLP
• Seyfarth Shaw, LLP
• Sheehan, Phinney, Bass & Green PA
• Sherburne, Powers & Needham PC
• Sherin and Lodgen, LLP
• Shilepsky O'Connell Casey Hartlan Michon Yellen, LLP
• Sidley & Austin, LLP
• Sloan and Walsh, LLP
• Stern, Shapiro, Weissberg & Garin LLP
• Sugarman, Rogers, Barshak & Cohen, P.C.
• Sullivan & Sullivan P.C.
• Sullivan & Worcester LLP
• Sullivan, Weinstein & McQuay P.C.
• Swartz & Swartz
• Todd & Weld LLP
• Tucker, Heifetz & Saltzman, LLP
• White, Inker & Aronson, P.C
• Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr, LLP
• Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicket LLP
• Witmer Karp & Warner LLP
• Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C.
- Business Disputes
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Consumer Protection Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Family Law
- Family Law Arbitration
- Family Law Mediation
- Personal Injury
- Securities Regulation
Individuals Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- 2014 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution's Law Firm Award for Excellence in ADR
- American Bar Association’s Lawyer as Problem-Solver Award
- 2015 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report
- 2016 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report
- 2011 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report
- 2010 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report
- 2012 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report
- 2013 Best Law Firm - US News & World Report