Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, a leading international law firm, consistently ranks among the world’s top law firms in industry surveys and major publications. The firm is distinctively positioned in today’s global marketplace with more than 1,800 lawyers and 21 offices. For more information, please visit www.gibsondunn.com.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP is nationally ranked in 41 practice areas and metro ranked in 55 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
"Law Firm of the Year" Awards
About Our Clients
Highlighted Client Comments
"Law Firm of the Year" Awards
- Accountants' Liability
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Antitrust Law
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Derivatives and Futures Law
- Emerging Business
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Environmental Law
- FDA Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- FinTech Practice
- First Amendment Law
- Gaming Law
- Health Care Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration - Commercial
- International Trade and Finance Law
- IT Outsourcing Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Land Use
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Media Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Patent Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Tax Law
- Technology Law
- Transportation Law
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
Individuals Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- The American Lawyer 2022 - Gibson Dunn ranked on its 2022 A-List of the 20 most elite law firms in the United States.
- The American Lawyer named Gibson Dunn a Finalist in its 2021 Litigation Department of the Year competition. This award follows our unprecedented four wins in this biennial competition and is the firm’s seventh consecutive Finalist honor.
- In its 2022 D.C. Litigation Department of the Year contest, The National Law Journal named Gibson Dunn as the winner in the Labor & Employment category. This is the firm’s sixth consecutive win in this category.
- The National Law Journal named Gibson Dunn to its 2022 Appellate Hot List, which “highlights law firms that have handled exemplary appellate matters.”
- Law360 2022 - Gibson Dunn was recognized among the Practice Groups of the Year in Employment, Energy, and Securities.
- BTI Consulting Group named Gibson Dunn among the “Most Recommended Law Firms,” featuring nine firms that “stand out above all others – gaining more unprompted recommendations from legal decision makers than other law firms.”
- BTI Consulting Group has ranked Gibson Dunn fifth on its annual list, the BTI Client Service 30, for 2023, which features the law firms that are “the best of the best in client service.”
- The Deal named Broadcom’s acquisition of VMware for $61 billion and Victor Capital’s sale of PrimaLoft to Compass Diversified for $530 million among its Outstanding Deals of the Year.
- The Recorder named Gibson Dunn as its 2022 Tech Industry Litigation Department of the Year.
- Global Investigations Review ranked Gibson Dunn No. 1 in the GIR 30, its annual guide to the world’s top 30 cross-border investigations practices.
- Gibson Dunn was ranked No. 2 in the 2023 edition of Global Data Review’s GDR 100 Global Elite, a list of the world’s top 25 data practices.
- Global Arbitration Review ranked Gibson Dunn among the 2023 GAR 30, its annual guide to the world's top 30 specialist international arbitration practices.
- Gibson Dunn was ranked in the 2023 edition of Global Competition Review’s GCR 100 – Global Elite, a list of the world’s top 25 antitrust practices.
- Global Restructuring Review listed Gibson Dunn in the GRR 100 2023, the “annual guide to the world’s leading law firms for cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters.”
- The Times has recognized Gibson Dunn in its Best Law Firms 2023 report, an annual list of the top law firms in England and Wales. The firm was also commended in the commercial dispute resolution category.
- The German publication JUVE recommended Gibson Dunn’s Frankfurt and Munich offices in the 2022/2023 edition of its annual directory. Gibson Dunn was named among the National Top law firms in Germany.
- Gibson Dunn was listed as a Key Player in the India Business Law Journal’s 2022 report recognizing the top foreign law firms for India-related work.
- Regulation Asia has named Gibson Dunn as the Law Firm of the Year at the Regulation Asia Awards for Excellence 2022.