Kazmarek Mowrey Cloud Laseter LLP (KMCL) is a top-tier environmental law firm serving public and private entities nationwide from offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, and Pittsburgh. With seventeen highly credentialed lawyers dedicated to environmental law, we bring depth and decades of experience to address the needs of Fortune 500 companies, mid-sized businesses and industries, utilities, and state and local governments.
KMCL is a recognized source of compliance, litigation, and transactional expertise focused on the complex and evolving impact of environmental law on business.
Furthermore, we are among the East’s largest environmental practices, including those at the largest law firms focusing on corporate environmental law. With that foundation, we provide unparalleled sophistication, expertise, and depth on challenging environmental issues at an unmatched value because our boutique platform enables our commitment to two core principles:
- Surpass the expertise and dedication found in the largest and most sophisticated law firms, and
- Understand our clients’ businesses in order to tailor our services in value-added ways and exceed expectations.
We routinely provide litigation, regulatory, transactional, and policy counselling to clients (a diverse range of Fortune 500 companies, utilities, mid-sized businesses and industries, and local governments) in the highest profile environmental matters, including:
- Representing the State of Georgia in the “water wars”, i.e., ongoing, multi-jurisdictional water supply-related litigation with the United States Army Corps of Engineers, the State of Alabama, and the State of Florida.
- Environmental counsel on matters nationwide for the leading producer of flat-rolled aluminium products and world’s largest aluminium recycler.
- Act as national environmental counsel to several large real estate portfolio purchasers, as well as to manufacturing clients on corporate transactions, litigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Prevailing for our clients’ primary interests before the U.S. Supreme Court in a case challenging a major component of EPA’s stationary source greenhouse gas regulatory program.
- Challenging numerous EPA rulemakings of national importance in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, as well as in other venues—often prevailing.
- Counseling client on world’s largest planned carbon capture and sequestration project.
Kazmarek Mowrey Cloud Laseter LLP is nationally ranked in 2 practice areas and metro ranked in 5 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental