In 1950, two World War II veterans and young attorneys, Herb Lacy and Leon Katzen had a vision - to create a full-service regional law firm that represented each client with unmatched advocacy. They also believed in a philosophy - that being a good lawyer goes beyond the knowledge of the law and must include a dedication and caring for the clients being served. This philosophy is what brought Herb and Leon together more than 70 years ago and continues to be their legacy to the firm and its clients today.
With 19 attorneys and 56 staff members, Lacy Katzen LLP is proud to be recognized with Best Lawyers Tier 1 Best Law Firm recognition and many of our attorneys being recognized with Best Lawyers honors.
Although much has changed over the years, the most important things remain constant:
• Our commitment to the ethical practice of law
• Our respect for the judicial system, and
• Our unwavering promise to provide strong advocacy for every client, every time.
We understand that helping you resolve your legal challenges is the single best measure of our success and would welcome the opportunity to be of service to you.
Lacy Katzen LLP is metro ranked in 7 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- Family Law
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts and Estates