Our firm provides business and corporate law services to tribal entities -- tribes, tribal businesses, governing bodies, enterprises, directors, officers, managers, authorities, utilities, and schools. We work with them to develop, amend, advocate, negotiate and/or implement:
- governing documents including bylaws, operating agreements, plans of operation;
- codes and amendments to support self-governance;
- employee handbooks and other internal policies and procedures;
- leases, contracts, general agreements, purchase and sales agreements, and other business documents;and
- intergovernmental agreements.
Further, we assist them in:
- business management structuring;
- observing corporate formalities;
- discharging fiduciary duties and training thereon;
- division of ownership, authority, sharing of profits and losses, buyout provisions, and dissolution procedures;
- joint venture operations;
- litigation prevention strategies; and
- litigation when sued or when their strategy is to sue.
Our law practice is different from others because we appreciate the significant pressure our clients work under, actively listen to their expectations, concentrate on drafting the legal documents they desire, and delivering the highest quality final work product possible.
Our mission is to deliver decisive, organized, impactful, highly relevant, practical, exact, concrete, client-driven, and culturally-empowered business and corporate law services. We are committed to satisfying the unique objectives of each client by providing solutions customized to their specific needs.
Our vision is to assemble a client-centric staff of professionals who provide advice and counsel in a results-oriented environment. We strive to be the standard of excellence for the work we do. We fulfill our mission and achieve our vision by:
- earning the trust, respect, and loyalty of clients;
- providing clients prompt, efficient and effective legal counseling and representation;
- being accessible and responsive to clients; and
- handling client needs with honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion, courtesy and diligence.
Martha L. King, P.C. is committed to sustaining an enriching environment through diversity, teamwork, and a shared vision. It aims to:
- provide effective, results-oriented legal services that empower its clients;
- foster and sustain a supportive environment to work, play, share, connect, and heal;
- be a human institution to serve people;
- provide livable wages to employees and assist our employees with career opportunities;
- sustain growth and financial strength; and
- engage in legal work that addresses critical humanitarian issues present in Indian Country.
Martha L. King, P.C. is metro ranked in 1 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Appellate Practice
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Gaming Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Native American Law