Miller Barondess, LLP is a Los Angeles-based firm specializing in litigation, trial, and appellate work in California and around the country. Trial lawyer Skip Miller founded the firm in 2006 along with his sons Dan and Jim and partners Mark Barondess and Sasha Frid.
Our firm’s size and team structure allow us the flexibility to provide tailored counsel and personalized services in an efficient manner. We represent individuals, businesses, and public and private entities in a wide range of sectors, including real estate, intellectual property, technology, healthcare, securities, entertainment and media, sports, consumer products, insurance, retail, environmental, and government. With a reputation for victories in “bet-the-company” cases, the firm is frequently hired to “save the day” before trial.
Trials and Appeals
Our record of success lies in working with clients strategically, considering the potential downside risks of trials and appeals, and making the most of opportunities to develop the law. Our team's procedural expertise, rigorous research, careful record review, creativity, and top-notch writing skills help clients achieve wins, keep their wins, and reverse their losses in appeals.
MediationsRecognizing that it is often in the client's best interest to resolve a case, our team advises clients on the strategic considerations involved in mediation. Our mediation strategy incorporates the client's short- and long-term goals and overall considerations of conserving time, stress, and resources. Our team has been highly successful in achieving significant mediation settlements through innovative negotiation strategies.
Miller Barondess LLP is nationally ranked in 1 practice areas and metro ranked in 3 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
Highlighted Client Comments
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Health Care
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Real Estate Law
- Securities Regulation
- Sports Law
- Technology Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Trademark Law
Individuals Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- L.A. Times B2B Publishing, Business of Law Magazine "Top 100 Law Firms in Los Angeles" and "Top 25 Law Firms in Litigation"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Leaders of Influence: Women Attorneys"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "LA 500 Most Influential People"
- Daily Journal "Top Labor & Employment Lawyers"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Attorneys"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Best Law Firms"
- Variety "Legal Impact Report"
- US News "Best Lawyers in America"
US News "Best Law Firms"
- National Law Journal "Elite Trial Lawyer Top 50 Verdicts 2018"
- National Law Journal "Top Verdicts and Settlements 2018"
- Daily Journal "Top Litigation Boutiques" 2021
- Daily Journal "Top 40 Under 40"
- Daily Journal "Top Women Lawyers"
- Billboard "Top Music Lawyers"
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Leaders of Influence: Minority Attorneys"
- Daily Journal "Top Verdict" 2017
- Los Angeles Business Journal "Leaders of Influence: Thriving in Their 40's"
- Daily Journal "Top Appellate Reversals" 2021
- Daily Journal "Top 100 Lawyers"
- Daily Journal "Top Defense Verdicts" 2020