Like many West Michigan businesses, our story begins with an entrepreneurial spirit. In 1959, founder Dale Rhoades served in the city attorney’s office while moonlighting at his part-time law practice. Over time, additional attorneys joined his practice and he left the city attorney’s office. In 1986, the law firm experienced significant growth with the addition of another thriving practice, Mohney, Goodrich, and Titta. Now, over 50 years since its inception, Rhoades McKee offers over 25 legal practice specialties in three locations.
Rhoades McKee enjoys a statewide reputation for offering comprehensive and collaborative legal services in the areas of Business, Real Estate, Litigation, and Personal Services.
Unique to this Michigan Firm, Rhoades McKee leverages the additional certifications of attorneys who are also Certified Professional Accountants including Robert C. Shaver, Peter J. Lozicki, Thomas P. Hogan, and Peter J. Veldkamp. Also, litigation attorneys Paul A. McCarthy and Stephen J. Hulst have obtained certifications for business valuation matters. These dual certifications offer our clients a comprehensive and cost-effective advantage.
This firm is also recognized for a strong professional defense practice including doctors and other medical providers as well as accountants, real estate professionals, and lawyers. In fact, Rhoades McKee is the firm that other established law firms look to for representation of their lawyers in professional malpractice actions.
Serving both businesses and individuals in Michigan, the firm's personal legal services include family law, personal injury, estate planning, probate litigation, elder law, Medicaid planning, special needs planning, and resolving tax controversies.
Our attorneys work in concentrated teams to uncover and address all of the underlying legal issues. For example, the family law team includes attorneys with key expertise in real estate, estate planning, child/custody issues as well as business valuation. This collaborative approach secures the best outcome for our clients.
Rhoades McKee PC is metro ranked in 21 practice areas. Best Law Firms rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process.Read how Best Law Firms ranks firms
- Agriculture Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Cannabis Law
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Cleanup
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Permitting
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Health Care Law
- Information Technology Law
- Labor and Employment Law - Management
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates